Daelim Daystar 125

Daelim Daystar 125
My Daystar

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

First ride

After dinner, I started some maintenance of my own. I oiled moving part like the clutch and throttle cable, middle and side stand and the chain and the foldable foot rest. After a while, they all got very smooth to operate.

It had been ridden by the previous owner for about 24,400km. But the bike seems like have been well taken care of. No scratches. The chrome parts were all very clean and shiny. The engine was also very smooth. No unwanted sound. Just a small clicking of the teppet / valves which was quite acceptable for a second hand bike like she was.

It was 10.15pm. My wife and I decide to take the Daystar for a spin.

It was a small cc bike, so no fancy acceleration. But to our surprise, it was very comfortable.

The suspension absorbed most of the uneven road condition making it very smooth on road in the housing area. Even the bumper in the housing area does not seem to be bothering the mini cruiser. The exhaust sound was very well dampened.

Handling was pretty good. You can take corner and bend without any feeling of wobbling.

I filled her with some petrol. For RM10, it did not even half tanks full.

After a light supper (keropok lekor and teh ais), we ride back to our house. Once parked, I listen to the warmed engine again. No unwanted sound. Perfect... we were happy.

No comments: