Daelim Daystar 125

Daelim Daystar 125
My Daystar

Sunday, November 9, 2008

After the first 1000km

Today, I have completed the first thousand km on the Daystar. It is not that I have to run-in the engine, I bought it second-hand remember, but I am observing it engine durability.

I often travel long distance. Usually a day ride with a distance arounf 300-700km. So, engine durability is very important.

Everytime I stop, I will listen to the engine. As of today, I found that it remain the same compared to when I first bring it home. After 1000km and it is still the same, just a little bit of clincking of valve of timing chain. This is good news. I am sure the engine is still in a very good working order eventhough it has been used for about 25,400km.

Other part of the bike are still in good condition. No loose screws. No oil leaking. No accessive vibration.

But the chain is a bit noisy. I may need to change the whole set soon.

I guest the bike is ready for a long trip. Soon, a day trip which could be as far as 600km.

No comments: