Daelim Daystar 125

Daelim Daystar 125
My Daystar

Monday, November 3, 2008

The First 500km

I have done almost 500km on this bike. There are no obvious changes in the condition of the engine. There are no oil leaking, no increasing engine noise and no unwanted changes whatsoever.

I have checked the engine oil. Level is still at 'full' and the engine oil is still very clean. There is no overheating sign at the exhaust pipe or other part of the engine.

I have tried it up to 120km/h but regularly traveling at 100-110km/h. There is some lost of power at high RPM (around 7,000 RPM) but probably due to improper carburetor setting. I will have the mechanic check it up this weekend.

Overall, after 500km, I am pretty satisfied with this mini cruiser. I am looking forward to a long ride toward the end of the month (a day ride which could cover a distance of about 450km)

2 comments:

liangkuan81 said...

how is da 500km cost u in RM ??!

Dean said...

Not very sure because I did not record. But full tank of 11 liters could easily bring you up to 330km. As per my later blog entry.